The Best Central Coast Brew Stops with Uncorked Wine Tours
Uncorked Wine Tours is probably best-known for our customized wine tours and excursions, but did you know we also offer completely personalized tours of the best breweries in Paso, San Luis Obispo, Atascadero, and Santa Margarita?
The beer scene has exploded along the Central Coast, but not all brewery experiences are created equal. Our specialty is learning about our clients’ preferences, and guiding them to the breweries that deliver a little something more than just fantastic beer: stunning tap rooms, next-level pairing menus and in-depth tours and histories of the business. Read on for a list of our favorite beer tour stops – the breweries that make the experience of visiting in-person feel truly special…
- Currently under construction, Firestone Walker Brewing Company in Paso is one of our favorite breweries for tours – they have some of the best! Aside from the bubbly allure of the infamous 805, Firestone Paso visitors can grab delicious cuisine at the brewery restaurant and take-home brews and merchandise.
- With live music and frequent food trucks, Barrelhouse Brew in Paso & SLO is a universal favorite for Uncorked Wine Tours guests. Enjoy Sunny Daze, a popular local pour, while you tour the brewing operations at Barrelhouse. They also have a fantastic outdoor area and as a bonus if you have little ones, Barrelhouse is kid-friendly.
- Silva Brewing Company in Paso is located near The Pour House, another tour favorite we’ll talk more about in a moment. With a commitment to sourcing local ingredients, Silva’s small batch craft beers are as fun and fresh as their tasting room vibe.
- For the weekend warriors, Earth and Fire Brewing Co in Paso Robles is a popular stop. Entrepreneurs Nick and Nolan opened what they call Paso’s first “nanobrewery,” in a space they renovated almost entirely themselves.
- Toro Creek Brewing Company in Paso Robles is a blend of local farming (on land that’s been in owner Brendan Cosgrove’s family for three generations), and craft brewing, resulting in “estate-grown” beers that are delightful to drink.
- And finally, while not a brewery, The Pour House in Paso offers an outstanding beer lineup, a relaxed, comfy atmosphere, and great local and traveling musical acts.
- In Atascadero, we can’t forget Tent City Beer Company. Beer aficionados rave over the selection of beers from local and national boutique breweries, as well as Tent City’s own drafts, on tap for just $5. Tent City also offers a fun outdoor patio with one of our favorite leisure games –shuffleboard.
- Dunbar Brewing in Santa Margarita is led by local craft beer pioneer Chris Chambers. Rooted in Irish brewing tradition, Dunbar Brewing’s tasty craft batches are served on 14 taps in the tasting room where tour guests can also enjoy bottles from guesting breweries, as well as food selections.
SAN LUIS OBISPO
- Our list of most-requested beer tour stops wouldn’t be complete without perennial favorite Central Coast Brewing. Their hand-crafted ales and lagers taste even better when enjoyed in their beautiful downtown SLO tasting room.
- Tap It started in a warehouse in San Luis Obispo, and quickly became known along the Central Coast for their delicious, clean-drinking beers. So they added a tap room, where you can watch the brewers at work while you sip on one of their signature recipes.
- Bang The Drum takes great pride in being the “smallest brewery on the Central Coast,” with batch sizes of just a half-barrel each. That means big variety for our beer tour guests, and a different tour experience every time we visit. They also offer trivia, bands, and “Salsa Sundays.”
- Slo Brew just opened a new facility and a restaurant with outdoor seating along the creek – the views are dynamite! At the helm of the restaurant is an incredible farm-to-table chef making bar food like you’ve never tasted. Slo Brew is great for large groups, regularly features live music and DJs, and the always popular pool table.
Tell us, where do you like to go for the best beer along the Central Coast? With new breweries opening all the time, we’re constantly updating our destination database, featuring the best and most popular places for excellent beer and atmosphere. Contact Uncorked Wine Tours today to reserve a personalized beer tour, or beer and wine tour if that’s more your vibe, complete with knowledgeable guides, comfortable, professional transportation services, and the chance to make lifetime memories with your family and friends. Who wouldn’t want to drink to that?